2/15/2007

Galatea Resurrects #5 Launch

The Fifth installment of Galatea Resurrects is now available online.

I feel fortunate to have reviewed The Gods We Worship Live Next Door by Bino Realuyo for the Golden Galatea.

Here's a excerpt:

The Gods We Worship Live Next Door by Bino Realuyo won the 2005 Agha Shahid Ali Prize in Poetry, selected by Grace Shulman, distinguished professor of English at Baruch College, CUNY. Before reading Realuyo’s collection, I was unaware of either the contest or the poet honored by the prize. In researching for this review, however, I came to a more nuanced understanding of Realuyo’s poetic and political depth as revealed in this collection.

A total of 56 reviews appear in this installment which is dedicated to the memory and lifework of kari edwards.

Hope you take a peek and enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your review- its as if you introduced it to me for the first time yet I sold it--Thanks!
do you know "Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life"
by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. A book I read last summer- Your alphabet memoir made me think of it.
Sarah

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Thanks for dropping by, Sarah!

I'm glad you like the review. Do you own a bookstore or did you agent the book?

Yes, my alphabet memoir was inspired by Amy Krouse Rosenthal's book. I haven't read it yet, but I hope to soon. I just liked the concept of the form.