11/16/2006

Writing w/o the Net (or Relax, Get To It)

Started putter/writing at about 8:30 tonight and got about 1000 words into it when the 'Net returned. What a relief!

Churned out a nice parcel of words, but I imagine that once this marathon is over, the scene I just finished will need to be overhauled for 'dragginess.' Whew, that was a long one to write.

But, I've made a good transition to the next part of the story and I'm set for tomorrow's session. I'm going to try Chris Baty's 3/30/10 plan - three thirty minute sessions with ten minute breaks in between. I came pretty close to doing that tonight and yeilded a little over 2k. I'm still a day behind, but my attitude is so much better than it was yesterday.

I now know I need some videos to watch during my breaks, something with a good beat and a connection with something fun; research notes at my fingertips and a challenge. So far I'm third in my class on word counts, and barely 150 words behind the gal in second. One buddy though is out there with 10k more than I have on deck, but that's cool, because I know he's really working hard at it.

Anyhoo, the vid of the day is Frankie Goes to Hollywood Relax.

I changed up the lyrics for myself though:

Oh oh
Wee-ell-now!

Relax just do it
When you want to write to it
Relax just do it
When you want to scene
Relax just do it
When you want to go
When you want to go

Relax just do it
When you want to write to it
Relax just do it
When you want to scene
Relax just do it
When you want to run from it
Relax just do it
When you want to go
Come on, oh oh

But scene it in the right direction
Make making it your intention-ooh yeah
Live those dreams
Scheme those schemes
Got to hit me
Hit me
Hit me with those laser beams

*chuckle*

Oh, and I broke 25k tonight. It's all good.

No comments: