11/07/2006

Tough Night

Barely made goal tonight, and am still about a thousand words behind the daily 1667 word count.

Not bad, really, 10% behind is all, but writing was tough tonight. My internet connection was unreliable and although I write offline, the disconnection and uncertainty of getting back online were enough to throw me. Who knew that I'd already developed a routine involving relaxing into writing by surfing for old 70's videos on YouTube?

But...

I broke 10k. Pretty frelling amazing for seven days work. At least for me, that is.

Hopefully Blockbuster has the second season of Battlestar available. I told myself that once I hit 10k I could watch an epi, my reward for making it this far. And it feels /good/ to reach 10k even if it was hard getting there tonight.

Time for sleep.

2 comments:

rcloenen-ruiz said...

Congratulations on passing the 10k mark, Bec :) ( Insert pompom cheerleaders here )

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Thanks Chie!

Your word count rocks too!

Thanks for posting exerpts on your NaNo profile. It's a really cool story you've got going!