11/01/2006

Launch Day!

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
--Louisa May Alcott

Tonight I officially launch Maganda's Comb as a novel-in-blogress, shedding the last drydock moorings of Prewrite and Idea Generation.

Staying positive and loose today while at work, waiting for my class/writing to start tonight, has been the focus of the day. This is a different sort of trepidation than I've had the last two times I've tried NaNoWriMo, a more aware sort of nervousness in which I try not to dodge it, or rationalize it, or overtalk to it, but just know it's there and maybe a bit of why, but trying not to get distracted by it.

Hubby says it's like meditation, that way, knowing that thoughts will intrude and temporarily distract intention, but there's a trust too, that comes of believing that if the thought is really all that important it will still be there when the time comes to deal with it, that the drifting smoke of distant disasters may actually be just fog lifting from the moors, an atmospheric thing, and not a portent of things to come.

Anyway, so my bags are packed and my ticket booked, all that's left is the journey itself. I'll send a postcard back here once in a while... I hope!

No comments: