8/22/2006

The Oracles

Coming in October 2006 from Heyday Books...

The Oracles: My Filipino Grandparents in America
Pati Navalta Poblete

As a young girl growing up in California, Pati Poblete was amazed and dismayed to watch her Grandma Fausta washing clothes by hand when there were a washer and dryer in the house. Years later, Poblete began to understand how much she had needed her grandmother, a native Filipina, to bring her heritage to her door. Poblete is an award-winning columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle.

(Blurb from the Star Bulletin)

**********************************************

Not much more info than that out there; Google turned up a few other blurbs and one listing for a book reading in October.

Very exciting! A new FilAm memoir!

Thanks to the annonymous commenter on Ver's Blog for the tip.

5 comments:

ver said...

Should be a fun book! I've read Poblete's newspaper articles, and she has a nice, engaging voice.

ver said...

Hi again, Bec! Just saw that Grace Talusan (recent winner of the OOV Ivy Terasaka Comp) started a blog, where she's apparently writing and posting a memoir:

Click here

Pati Poblete said...

Hi,

I'm Pati Poblete, the author of the upcoming memoir, "The Oracles: My Filipino Grandparents in America." I wanted to thank you for posting it on your blog. The book will be out in October, and I'd love to send you a list of my book events coming up. Thanks again!

--Pati

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Hi Pati!

Thanks for dropping by. I'd be happy to post your book events on my blog - just send me an email (word dot binder at comcast dot net) or reply again. I'll be especially excited if you plan on coming up to the Seattle/Vancouver, BC area as I'd be able to attend!

Ver - thanks as always for the tips. Grace's blog will be a good one to add to my list.

Grace Talusan said...

Hi there--

Nice to meet you. Thanks for being interested in my work on my blog. I'm new to blogging and am enjoying it.

I'll come by and visit again. Glad to have found you.

Regards,
Grace