8/23/2005

Pinoy HipHop

Last week on So You Think You Can Dance one of the competitors danced his survival dance (to gain audience votes and survive til the next round) to a hiphop song in Tagalog. I was totally blown away! I mean I'd heard of Pinoy hiphop, of course, but to hear it on national TV was really amazing and cool for me. This is what happens when a Pinay spends most of her life in the middle of white suburban upperclass America.

It took a bit to find it, but thanks to the community forums for the show, I found that it was Bebot by Black Eyed Peas. Too cool! Then the hubby got online and found a bunch of open access MP3s of Pinoy Hiphop. I'm so jazzed! I'm now the newest fan of apl.de.ap!

So peeps - turn me on to good Pinoy hiphop, kay? Who's your fav and who should I to listen to next?

1 comment:

SOULFIESTA said...

Might be a tad bit too old to comment but come and visit soulfiesta.blogspot.com for some good ol pinoy hiphop music!