5/04/2005

Mosaic

I am a mosaic of pieces, each bit glitters, beckons to be examined, extolled, elevated.

But each piece a whole does not make and I am tasked with tearing my attention away from each particular, to create the whole, set one beside/against another, nearness giving new meaning to that which has been nearly destroyed, forgotten.

I wish then that I did not bleed when each piece cuts deep, did not mourn for pieces forgotten that somehow float to the surface, displaced in time and space. The pain is distracting yet philosophically necessary. Still I yearn for wholeness, understanding, layering without discarding, embracing without forgetting.

2 comments:

TwistedNoggin said...

This is lovely. Thank you for posting it.

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Synapsesoup,

Thank you for dropping by! I guess you'd call this an unintentional poem, and I'm gratified that my thoughts have resonated.