4/03/2005

Wisdom to Remember

I'd rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at something I hate.
- George Burns

This one is a tough lesson, because sense failure is something I struggle with. It's tough to keep going when I feel as if my efforts only end in failure. Fatalism really.

Because I haven't really failed, so much as not succeeded as spectacularly as I'd like. That's a hard thing to admit, but there it is.

But I'd also like to think it's a matter of practice, enjoying what success I do have, because I do love what I do, love what I have and experience. And if I keep practicing, perhaps I'll get better at enjoying what I've done rather than always wondering how much better it all could have been.

Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
- George Bernard Shaw

No comments: